- Maintaining and repairing large heavy construction equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and other systems on a variety of equipment. Using various methods and tools to diagnose and perform repair work to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining service and parts documentation on work performed.
- Driving and maintaining a DOT regulated field service truck (if required for field work).
- Working safely at all times and following required safety protocols.
- Following required training curriculum for career and professional growth.
- High School Diploma or higher with post high school studies related to technical curriculum in heavy equipment or diesel mechanics.
- Experience and working knowledge of heavy construction equipment and passing a mechanical comprehension assessment for troubleshooting complex equipment,
- Understanding of safe job practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Exhibit teamwork, verbal and written skills.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift a maximum of 75 pounds, ability to stoop, bend, reach, climb and crawl without restrictions and pass a DOT physical exam if assigned to drive.
PAY & BENEFITS
- Competitive wages with career progression
- Medical, dental and vision plans on day of hire
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid short-term and long term disability
- Supplemental life insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible spending account or health savings account
- 401k retirement savings with a generous match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Tool allowance, shoe allowance and company provided uniforms
- Relocation Assistance (depending on location)
WORKING AT ASCENDUM
As a leading construction equipment dealer, Ascendum has represented brands such as Volvo for more than 60 years. If you have high hopes and expectations, join Ascendum and you can expect a challenging career in a successful multinational group.